now browsing by author
With the recent signing of Out There Team Athlete Tara Geraghty-Moats with Madshus & her three WINS at the Summer Grand Prix we have decided to do a Madshus Promo from Aug 28th – Sept.30th.
When purchasing any Madshus Item we will Donate 10% of the sale to a Non-Profit supporting Women in Nordic Sports. Use PROMO CODE TGM and also receive 10% off the price of your order as well
“I have some pretty exciting news. I just signed with a ski company (Madshus), who is the first ever to give both material and financial backing to a female Nordic Combined skier. Why is this a big deal? To develop a women’s sport like this, it is vital to have support not only from the international and national governing bodies, but also the ski industry. I’m happy to say I have been impressed by the development of women’s nordic combined on all levels and I’m looking forward to another year doing the best sport ever. “
– Tara Geraghty-Moats
NEW 2019/20 Product has been arriving daily! Current models skis are in as well (but not online) email for details
More Items in the store- Give us a Call! 800-252-9583
It is that time of year again and the Team Storefront is open again! Get your orders placed soon!
Well it has been a BIG Year for the athletes of Team Out There
- Tara Geraghty- Moats: Tara Geraghty-Moats has been having a whirlwind of a Summer. Back in June she travelled to the Midwest to train with some of her Jr days coaches Vlad & Petra who run the Biathlon program in Coleraine MN. Then she came to join our Coach Kris for a Junior Camp here in Rice Lake. From there she was back home to VT for a few days and the App Gap Challenge prior to heading to Norway to train with the Women’s Nordic Combined National Team. From there she was off to the Summer Grand Prix where she crushed the first three events. Along with a BIG signing with Madshus things are really taking flight!
- Deedra Irwin: It was a big year of change for Deedra. She joined the National Guard (VT) This summer this new adventure has taken her away from her training time with the US Biathlon Team but is working to setting her up as well as possible for the Road to Beijing. We have been updated on Basic Training and now Job Training. Once Deedra is back on the training train we will get a full update for all of you.
- Rosie Frankowski: One of the NEWEST additions to the Team Out There Family is 2018 Olympian & APU Nordic skier from Minnesota – Rosie! We are super excited to see her energy and the ideas & thoughts she has. Stay tuned for more updates on Rosie!
- Olga Letucheva: Joining the Team this summer the 2017 FIS Rollerski World Champion has been busy. From wrapping up her Masters in Sport to FIS Rollerski races in China, Latvia & Russia (Italy in Sept) she has literally been on a ROLL.
- Ben Lustgarten: This VT native is currently racing for the Craftbury GreenRacing Project. From World Cups and other high level events keep your eye on this guy.
Madshus being the OLDEST ski brand in the market today (1906) may not be the biggest but they are one of the most progressive…..
- Supporting Women in Sport! Team Out There athlete & Women’s Nordic Combined Pioneer Tara Geraghty-Moats has recently signed with Madshus. Growing up she skied on Madshus and always loved the products. Heading into the 2019-20 Season we spoke with Madshus and they came back to Tara with a great opportunity and excited to see where she and the sport of Women’s Nordic Combined is headed, in the USA & the world. They maybe the Oldest Ski Brand but they as their Norwegian Heritage and progressive in equal thinking.
- Ski Technology. When Madshus debuted the Redline ski it was a shift in the feel of a ski on the snow. They have continued to revolutionize this with the launch last season to select retailers (we were one) of the NEW Redline 2.0. Or as we like to say 2.ohhhhhhhhhhhh . They are AMAZING.
This past weekend was the first event of the Women’s Nordic Combined Summer Grand Prix and our own Team Out There athlete Tara Geraghty-Moats was coming into the weekend a heavy favorite after a fantastic 2018/19 Nordic Combined Season. With the PCR Jumps for qualifying happening on Friday Tara lead out the group in first with some great flight. Sunday was the day of competition and due to wind the Jumping was cancelled and the PRC Jumps were used to seed the 5km Freestyle ski portion of the event. Tara took out right from the start and controlled the pace for the entire 5km. Now the Ladies are off to Klingenthal Germany for another day of competition.
Madshus News- For any of you noticing Tara is a recent addition to the Madshus Family. Keep an eye out for future updates!
We are now back in the Midwest with just have spent an amazing 8 days at the 2019 GMVS Summer Camp. This year 6 amazing athletes from Wisconsin & Minnesota join us for the GMVS camp. Athletes from 9 states, many who took top three placements at the 2019 Junior Nationals, along with athletes headed to the Youth Olympic Games & More. Coaching staff was comprised of a great core group of 6 representing Eastern Ski Academies, NCAA Programs along with Elite & Junior Programs. Also joining us were three former GMVS athletes now skiing for Harvard, Bowdoin & Dartmouth.
Our Trip left on Saturday, heading across the state picking up athletes on our way East. Trekking across the US, visiting Lake Erie and the Adirondacks along the way. Beginning Monday athletes arrived at camp and headed off to the first workout – Pole Hike & Run up Sugarbush Mountain! Day two began with a morning run & movement and leading into an OD Double Pole workout & River Run. Day Three continued with Classic Progressions with “MooseHufs” and Bounding. Wrapping up the day with a Strength Circuit workout in the Race Performance Center at GMVS. Day Four was “Jericho” and the Rollerski Track. Day Five we had Skate Agility on the awesome ramps made by NENSA‘s Justin Beckwith. Followed by a recovery run & mobility work. Day Six was the App-Gap Challenge Rollerski Race. Day Seven wrapped up with some amazing OD Hike/Trail Runs along the Long Trail.
Thanks again to the Athletes & Coaches for a Fantastic Week!
IGOR MID-SUMMER ADVENTURE CAMP
July 19-21, 2019 / UW Eau Claire, Barron County, Rice Lake, WI.
Sign up at
The focus goals of the three 2019 Igor Legacy Camps are to promote growth and development of youth-age cross country skiers and to provide exposure to the fundamental building blocks required for successful cross-country skiing, as well as summer training with teammates, and meeting new Nordic friends.