now browsing by tag
Well info is finally out there…. We will be a hosting site again this season for the Rice Lake Chapter of the CXC Master’s Program. CXC Master’s programming funds go directly to CXC to assist with the long term Community Olympic Development Program. This will help with long term goals for local youth programs, support & development of a CXC Training Center etc. Program will involve:
- Monthly Training Sessions with a CXC Master’s Coach
- Weekly Training with local chapter members
- Much, Much More.
For information regarding the different cost levels and benefits to each please email us and we can get you the info. email@example.com
Potluck Evening: May 19th http://outthereshop.com/cxc-masters-potluck-signup-intro/
Also check out the CXC Masters Page: http://www.cxcskiing.org/pages/programs/masters/cxc-masters-team-program.html
CXC NEW VIP Member option:
2014 ~ A “Grandiose” Ride
The Strada will be held on Sunday April 27th. Race will be in the BLUE HILLS!
100K – Be Ready!
Another one is in the books. The ’14 Birkie was one that will be discussed for awhile. From 15″+ of New Dry Snow that arrived just over a day before, to Wind, Cold and more. As folks discuss the race many are not overly pleased with their time, others their skis etc. We always need to reflect on Nordic Events much differently than cycling, running and many other events. Things to always consider:
1. Event organizers are always trying to deliver the BEST conditions. This can be made difficult by Mother nature not delivering small, frequent amounts of the proper moisture snow followed by a drop in temp. We did well this year as Europe has suffered poor to no snow and events like the Tartu Marathon in Estonia had to be cancelled.
2. Few sports have as many variables. From Training (A Big One), equipment, wax, grinds, temps, wind snow moisture……
3. Your personal energy level
4. If you have are competitive: How did you do in relation to others.
(But do you know what they did to prepare?)
Probably not, so don’t sweat it. Some days are your and others not.
5. Just remember~ You were Out There. First, middle or last there is a whole entire WORLD of people who will never take on a challenge like Nordic Skiing and you DID.
So look back at it as a great life experience that you can challenge yourself and others to again. With today you have 363 days to go so Get Out There!
Well Folks the Birkie is just over 1 week away! The weather is going to throw us a FAST ball with temps early next week in the upper 30’s! Keep any eye out for wax reports. If you are one of the folks that signed up for our Birkie Wax Service remember all skis must be to the shop no later than Noon on Tuesday!
We will have a Team at the Giant Ski on Friday. Start time is Noon on Main Street in Hayward. Be sure to be Out There and Cheer them on!
Nikkerbeiner & Family Ski will follow up at 2:15 so get out the woodies and tar them up. Join folks in vintage ski attire and vintage skis.
Today we have learned that Sarah Murphy – Team Out There sponsored athlete and World Cup Biathlete will be joining us for the 2014 American Birkie. She will be racing in the Elite Women’s Skate wave so make sure to Be Out There and Cheer her on!
If you are looking for great deals on clothing, race suits, skis & more be sure and stop in soon!
See you Out There!
GROUP Night ski dates FINALLY! Dec. 12th, 17th (Off X-mas Week) Jan. 2nd, 7th, 14th, 21st & 28. Well will set more as they get closer. Look for the events at www.outthereshop.com/category/events/ or Out There: Nordic Sports & Camping
See you Out There!
Monday Dec. 9th from 5-7pm
- CRAFT Sportwear Fitting Night
- Come in and Try the BEST Baselayers OUT THERE!
- All CRAFT products 20% off
- Additional 10% off closeout CRAFT Items
- Cookies, Cider and Great Conversation
- Start Your Nordic Season off Warm & Dry
These past couple weekends have been FANTASTIC to Get Out There and Roller Ski. Soon there will be SNOW to ski on!