Team Out There
now browsing by tag
Well it has been a BIG Year for the athletes of Team Out There
- Tara Geraghty- Moats: Tara Geraghty-Moats has been having a whirlwind of a Summer. Back in June she travelled to the Midwest to train with some of her Jr days coaches Vlad & Petra who run the Biathlon program in Coleraine MN. Then she came to join our Coach Kris for a Junior Camp here in Rice Lake. From there she was back home to VT for a few days and the App Gap Challenge prior to heading to Norway to train with the Women’s Nordic Combined National Team. From there she was off to the Summer Grand Prix where she crushed the first three events. Along with a BIG signing with Madshus things are really taking flight!
- Deedra Irwin: It was a big year of change for Deedra. She joined the National Guard (VT) This summer this new adventure has taken her away from her training time with the US Biathlon Team but is working to setting her up as well as possible for the Road to Beijing. We have been updated on Basic Training and now Job Training. Once Deedra is back on the training train we will get a full update for all of you.
- Rosie Frankowski: One of the NEWEST additions to the Team Out There Family is 2018 Olympian & APU Nordic skier from Minnesota – Rosie! We are super excited to see her energy and the ideas & thoughts she has. Stay tuned for more updates on Rosie!
- Olga Letucheva: Joining the Team this summer the 2017 FIS Rollerski World Champion has been busy. From wrapping up her Masters in Sport to FIS Rollerski races in China, Latvia & Russia (Italy in Sept) she has literally been on a ROLL.
- Ben Lustgarten: This VT native is currently racing for the Craftbury GreenRacing Project. From World Cups and other high level events keep your eye on this guy.
This past weekend was the first event of the Women’s Nordic Combined Summer Grand Prix and our own Team Out There athlete Tara Geraghty-Moats was coming into the weekend a heavy favorite after a fantastic 2018/19 Nordic Combined Season. With the PCR Jumps for qualifying happening on Friday Tara lead out the group in first with some great flight. Sunday was the day of competition and due to wind the Jumping was cancelled and the PRC Jumps were used to seed the 5km Freestyle ski portion of the event. Tara took out right from the start and controlled the pace for the entire 5km. Now the Ladies are off to Klingenthal Germany for another day of competition.
Madshus News- For any of you noticing Tara is a recent addition to the Madshus Family. Keep an eye out for future updates!
Want to have the BEST Nordic Poles on the Market?
Want a GREAT Deal on them?
Want to help support an athlete in the process?
From Feb 1st thru Feb 23rd get the BEST prices of the Season on in-stock
Team Out There Athlete Deedra Irwin on her Journey in Biathlon
With a the Birkie Bridge getting covered with snow for Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis today a post title like this could go many directions. When we awoke this morning there was a message in my WhatsApp from one of our Team Out There Athletes.
“I’m Sorry, the skis were fast but not fast enough”
For many folks they will think well next time. For some athletes around the world this is not “Any Given Sunday”. This happens to be the Last day they had a chance to qualify for the 2018 Winter Olympics.
Four and a half years ago we had our third athlete join the Team Out There family– Leandro Lutz. A Nordic skier & Biathlete from Brazil. Brazil you say- yes this country of the occasional snow flake has a number of athletes training & competing in Winter activities like Nordic skiing & Biathlon. Just prior to the 2014 Sochi Winter Games Leandro said to me- “With the help of Team Out There my goal is to make the 2018 Winter Games!” Over the past four years Leandro has trained, raced, traveled given up his everyday job to pursue this dream. We want to THANK Andreas & the folks of ONEWAY Sport, the great folks of REX Finland and many, many others who have given great support to Leandro in this journey at events around the world.
We want Leandro to know that there is no need to say “I’m Sorry”. You have not let us down in anyway, you have inspired us to grow the Team Out There to many, many others around the world. To try & come up with better ways to support Dreaming Athletes in the sports we love. What you have done here, in Brazil & throughout the world is to create friendships that may someday produce amazing Nordic Athletes from a Country of no snow. We cannot THANK YOU enough for being apart of your journey, we cannot Thank our Customers enough for the fact that many of them have come to support us due to the efforts of you and the athletes of Team Out There. The book of Leandro Lutz’s future in Nordic is YET to be written.
#BestFamilyOutThere #TeamOutThere #AllPartOfTheJourney
BIG NEWS for Team Out There Athlete Deedra Irwin!!!
Keep up with Deedra on FB https://www.facebook.com/deedrablu
(January 15, 2018) — The U.S. Biathlon International Competition Committee is pleased to announce the teams for the upcoming IBU Open European Championships and IBU Cup 6. Please note that one more man will be named for both events later this week.
Once again for the 17/18 WINTER Season we are utilizing Minnesota’s own PODIUMWEAR Custom sports apparel. Last Season after 5 years we updated our Race Kits. This season we are having an update to our Warm Ups as well. To see all the available items for the upcoming season visit the TEAM STOREFRONT.
The Storefront CLOSES on Oct 14th so get your orders in. Delivery should be Mid-Nov.
There are some days you wake up and…. UFF Da! It is hard to get out of bed. Then you get up you have some coffee, a little Brunost on Toast and then you start to realize that it is going to be an AMAZING day Out There.
As we embark on our 8th Winter Season we realize that thus far it has been one great adventure. If you said to us 10yrs ago- ” You one day are going to own a Nordic Shop” we would have said”You better get back to Colorado before you get arrested!” Then once we got this thing rolling if you would have said that 5yrs from now “You are going to work with a collection of some of the Greatest People in the Sport” we would have replied “Maybe you need someone to drive you home”
Are we the Biggest Nordic Shop- No
Do we do things the way the rest of the flock does – No
Are we trying to change the landscape of Nordic & your retail experience –
You Just have to get Out There & SEE
Supporting us through purchases, participating in our events and other things goes to help support the
Athletes Of TEAM OUT THERE & Their Dreams!
5 years ago a little project started Out There called ~ TEAM OUT THERE.
At first it was Nordic skiers & Biathletes. It has since grown to many athletes from many countries. It has gone to Jumpers, BMX riders (who is a pretty amazing skier) and who knows where next. So if you are involved with a company or organization in the Nordic Community, Nutrition, clothing, gear etc and have interest in partnering with The Team or One of our athletes let us know
Email Growing the Team
If you never PLANT a seed, you can never expect to have a Harvest. We are here to help you plant, remember that.
This Summer we will be visited by one of our Team Out There Athletes- Robert Sircus
Robert is a biathlete from Scotland competing for the British Biathlon Team. Roberts visit we be from June thru most of July. Besides working on his own preparations for the upcoming season Robert will also be guest coaching at the June 4591 Sports Development Jr camp, participating in our local CXC Masters Chapter and getting Out There for other OT training opportunities. Join us & Robert Out There this Summer!