now browsing by author
We are going to be hosting a waxing clinic at the Brickfield Brewery! This Great Brewery is owned by some longtime family friends. They also Dairy Farm and grow much of the grain for their beer also.
So join us to learn about a multitude of waxing brands, best practices and some awesome BEER!
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
or the FACEBOOK EVENT
This is really a question. Over the last few weeks we have had weather that has been getting folks fired up for the Nordic Season. Now though we have had a week were it makes you wonder if it has been worth it.
STRENGTH thru Adversity-
That is the name of the game in Nordic Sports (XC Skiing, NoCo, Jumping, Biathlon & Alpine)
Be it training or competition the weather plays a huge factor, though the mental toughness gained through those experiences it what creates AMAZING People.
From a three hour over distance run or roller ski at 90f to a delayed race start in January to get the temp to rise up to -4f what other sports get to have this much fun. In today’s world for some reason folks have gotten tuned in to complaining. For goodness sakes for complain to people they do not even know on Social Media in so absurd it is crazy.
Remind yourself that the things in life that give the most reward are those things that most often have had the greatest challenges. In the world of sport that is why the stories of those who had made it to the highest level have such amazing stories of adversity, hardship & more. And when asked if they would endure it all again, they all seem to say yes. So be it your first season as a “Nordic Athlete” or your 50th overcoming the challenges of training & participating can be large some days, but remember one little thing………………..
You still get to be Out There and do it!
Coming to Rice Lake!
Culture of Excellence will be the focus for Central Cross Country Skiing’s (CXC) 8th annual Wayne Fish Coaches Conference & Certification workshop presented by Salomon Oct. 18-19-20 in Rice Lake, Wis.
As of recent we have had a number of folks as us (a little odd as we start Season 11 with the shop)
“Why are you guys in the Nordic business?” Often followed by “Well what big races have you won” or “Which NCAA school did you ski for?”
Over the years as our Family has been involved in the Nordic scene we have somewhat gone quietly along doing what was set forth over 90 years ago…. Doing our part to GROW the Nordic Community.
We are super stoked about the things our Family (today and of years gone by) have done to GROW the Nordic Community in the Old Country and the New One. With our little shop and the support of AMAZING Clients and the Family of Team Out There Athletes, We hope you are ready for what the next 90 years will bring.
We hope to see YOU Out There soon…
With the recent signing of Out There Team Athlete Tara Geraghty-Moats with Madshus & her three WINS at the Summer Grand Prix we have decided to do a Madshus Promo from Aug 28th – Sept.30th.
When purchasing any Madshus Item we will Donate 10% of the sale to a Non-Profit supporting Women in Nordic Sports. Use PROMO CODE TGM and also receive 10% off the price of your order as well
“I have some pretty exciting news. I just signed with a ski company (Madshus), who is the first ever to give both material and financial backing to a female Nordic Combined skier. Why is this a big deal? To develop a women’s sport like this, it is vital to have support not only from the international and national governing bodies, but also the ski industry. I’m happy to say I have been impressed by the development of women’s nordic combined on all levels and I’m looking forward to another year doing the best sport ever. “
– Tara Geraghty-Moats
NEW 2019/20 Product has been arriving daily! Current models skis are in as well (but not online) email for details
More Items in the store- Give us a Call! 800-252-9583
It is that time of year again and the Team Storefront is open again! Get your orders placed soon!
Well it has been a BIG Year for the athletes of Team Out There
- Tara Geraghty- Moats: Tara Geraghty-Moats has been having a whirlwind of a Summer. Back in June she travelled to the Midwest to train with some of her Jr days coaches Vlad & Petra who run the Biathlon program in Coleraine MN. Then she came to join our Coach Kris for a Junior Camp here in Rice Lake. From there she was back home to VT for a few days and the App Gap Challenge prior to heading to Norway to train with the Women’s Nordic Combined National Team. From there she was off to the Summer Grand Prix where she crushed the first three events. Along with a BIG signing with Madshus things are really taking flight!
- Deedra Irwin: It was a big year of change for Deedra. She joined the National Guard (VT) This summer this new adventure has taken her away from her training time with the US Biathlon Team but is working to setting her up as well as possible for the Road to Beijing. We have been updated on Basic Training and now Job Training. Once Deedra is back on the training train we will get a full update for all of you.
- Rosie Frankowski: One of the NEWEST additions to the Team Out There Family is 2018 Olympian & APU Nordic skier from Minnesota – Rosie! We are super excited to see her energy and the ideas & thoughts she has. Stay tuned for more updates on Rosie!
- Olga Letucheva: Joining the Team this summer the 2017 FIS Rollerski World Champion has been busy. From wrapping up her Masters in Sport to FIS Rollerski races in China, Latvia & Russia (Italy in Sept) she has literally been on a ROLL.
- Ben Lustgarten: This VT native is currently racing for the Craftbury GreenRacing Project. From World Cups and other high level events keep your eye on this guy.
Madshus being the OLDEST ski brand in the market today (1906) may not be the biggest but they are one of the most progressive…..
- Supporting Women in Sport! Team Out There athlete & Women’s Nordic Combined Pioneer Tara Geraghty-Moats has recently signed with Madshus. Growing up she skied on Madshus and always loved the products. Heading into the 2019-20 Season we spoke with Madshus and they came back to Tara with a great opportunity and excited to see where she and the sport of Women’s Nordic Combined is headed, in the USA & the world. They maybe the Oldest Ski Brand but they as their Norwegian Heritage and progressive in equal thinking.
- Ski Technology. When Madshus debuted the Redline ski it was a shift in the feel of a ski on the snow. They have continued to revolutionize this with the launch last season to select retailers (we were one) of the NEW Redline 2.0. Or as we like to say 2.ohhhhhhhhhhhh . They are AMAZING.