now browsing by tag
Well we & the great folks at the ABSF have finalized our agreement and it’s now official. We will be the Title Sponsor of the Family 5/10km & Nikkerbeiner events! This will increase from our past support of the Nikkerbeiner. Along with that we have agreed to Continue our support of additional Great Events with the ABSF in our continued support of the Birkie Trek! We hope to
SEE YOU OUT THERE!
Family Ski & Nikkerbeiner : http://www.birkie.com/ski/events/nikkerbeiner/
Birkie Trek: http://www.birkie.com/run/events/birkie-trail-run/
Great Event~ Be sure and be Out There in 2015!
Join CORBA for a trail run at Lowes Creek County Park.
Runner’s choice of 12K, 25K or 50K distances.
Run hard and then get an extra hour of sleep with the time change that weekend. More info coming…
Thanks to those who brought stuff and those who purchased! See you Out There in 2015!
We will be hosting a Nordic Equipment & Ski Swap on the 25th of Oct. to Support Local Nordic Organizations
- Location: 502 North Main, Rice Lake ( Back Warehouse)
- Time: Sat. Oct. 25th from 8-11 am
- Drop Off: Thursday Oct 23rd from 8-5:30, Friday Oct. 24th from 8-6
- Pick up of equipment & payment: Sat Oct. 25th from 1-2pm
- Items accepted: Nordic Skis, boots, poles, bindings, roller skis, snowshoes & Nordic ski clothing (If curious~ Call)
- Equipment must be in usable condition
- We will be taking a 15% fee. (10% to local trails & clubs, 5% for handling)
We hosted a Fun little event with many of our customers. Stone Soup & Trail Run. We started with a Rock in a Pot and ended up with a Fantastic meal.
Look for MORE Stone Soup events in the Future! #ruoutthere
With all of the events and organizations we support we and the activities many times need more helpers! So we are starting a NEW program for Volunteering. We have a number of events coming up that we could use your help. If you are interested please let us know if you are interested and we can let you know about upcoming opportunities! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Volunteer
~ For those that partake in such opportunities, rewards will be Out There!
Thanks for 3 GREAT Dryland & Soccer nights. We will look forward to seeing you Out There in the Summer of 2015!
This the 3rd Summer of offering our Dryland Workout & Soccer night we are changing it up and will host 3 nights, 1 per month during June, July & August. We will do a Dryland Workout about 30-455min in length for all ages followed by 1hr of group FUN Soccer. This will be hosted at the Moon Lake Soccer Fields in Rice Lake at 6pm. Please RSVP if possible to email@example.com This will be held no matter the weather!
As we approach the Fall season and the start for many folks in the Nordic Community their journey to a Winter Event like the American Birkie, Swedish Vassaloppet, World Masters or a local 5km. For some this journey begins in Late April or Early May, but many it begins in October or when the snow starts to fall softly from the heavens. Also during this time many local ski clubs start to put ideas together for the upcoming season, reflect on the past season, look at budgets equipment etc. With those thing happening I have been hearing some crazy thoughts being said to folks you are TRULY Out There to Support Nordic. (Don’t support that group, they have different goals than ours, or I don’t like so and so) As a community we all need to sit back and look at a number of things to ensure that our sport in the USA gains traction, grows programming and develops long-term sustainability.
1. Support ALL Clubs (USSA, CXC, LNR, NESNA, NANA, FAST & Female, etc) and the things they are doing, like them or not are things that are trying to grow the sport in YOUR community.
2. Support trail Systems. Be it your local 3km loop, 20km trail with a lite section, or the Birkie Trail. All places that are being maintained for skiing require funding! So if you are skiing at a number of trail systems, sign up for even the individual membership. Put your name in the ring and go to an event the trail is having or spread the word to others. Unlike many of the European countries Nordic is not a Federally supported activity in our country (we can dream).
3. Introduce someone to the sport. There are 2 ways to do this. 1.Take someone who has never skied and get them Out There on the snow this season. Ski 1km with them on a flat section of trail and see the joy it brings. Do not take them to some World Cup course and say come on. GO somewhere that seems so easy it hurts and see what introducing someone to our sport in a positive way can do to bring a NEW dimension to the sport for you. 2. If that is to much donate to an organization such as NNF, CXC, etc. These organizations are ones that give funding to athletes as well as run “Learn to ski” programs “Skis to Schools” and such where your monies can get NEW skiers started.
I will leave you with these 3 simple things. We are not asking you to get on a trail board or give 20 hours to trail work or coaching. Start small! If the Sport of Nordic is something that you find important to you, we must learn to work together, agree to disagree and say “What we are doing, is that growing the sport in some fashion?” If we as a collective group of Trail Board Members, Parents, Kids, Shop Owners, Teachers, Manuf. Rep., etc. do this we will see OUR sport grow to NEW Heights!
We challenge you to look Out There and SEE The Forest for the Trees!
The People who think they are Crazy enough to change the World~ Are the ONES who Do!
With over 1 month to go our Birkie Trail Run & Trek Team fills! This being our 4th Year of Sponsorship we are excited to have such a Group of wonderful folks going to be Out There! 75 people will be at the events wearing their Out There Colors this year. Form 2 years ago with 30, last year with 50 and now 75. Nearly 8% of all the participants will be Out There. We have people in the Team Marathons (both 6 & 3 person teams), Individual Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, Nordic Walk (Trek), 6km and Youth events. There are many perks to being Out There for different events, in the future look to join us.
Want to join us for other events?
Get Out There Group on Facebook