now browsing by tag
Waxing, this is one of those things that SO many folks get into a true frenzy over. Yes we enjoy the excitement, but remember “Don’t over think it”. There are a few basic things to keep in mind when looking at a wax to choose.
1. Air Temp
2. Snow Temp ( can be vastly different) This morning at the shop Snow Temp 4*F, Air Temp 21*F. This can also be reversed sometimes.
3. Relative Humidity and Snow moisture
4. Snow Composition (Dry, Packy, Icy, other)
5. Newness of Snow.
Just some good food for thought….. See you Out There!
??~ Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hosted a Fun little event with many of our customers. Stone Soup & Trail Run. We started with a Rock in a Pot and ended up with a Fantastic meal.
Look for MORE Stone Soup events in the Future! #ruoutthere
As we approach the Fall season and the start for many folks in the Nordic Community their journey to a Winter Event like the American Birkie, Swedish Vassaloppet, World Masters or a local 5km. For some this journey begins in Late April or Early May, but many it begins in October or when the snow starts to fall softly from the heavens. Also during this time many local ski clubs start to put ideas together for the upcoming season, reflect on the past season, look at budgets equipment etc. With those thing happening I have been hearing some crazy thoughts being said to folks you are TRULY Out There to Support Nordic. (Don’t support that group, they have different goals than ours, or I don’t like so and so) As a community we all need to sit back and look at a number of things to ensure that our sport in the USA gains traction, grows programming and develops long-term sustainability.
1. Support ALL Clubs (USSA, CXC, LNR, NESNA, NANA, FAST & Female, etc) and the things they are doing, like them or not are things that are trying to grow the sport in YOUR community.
2. Support trail Systems. Be it your local 3km loop, 20km trail with a lite section, or the Birkie Trail. All places that are being maintained for skiing require funding! So if you are skiing at a number of trail systems, sign up for even the individual membership. Put your name in the ring and go to an event the trail is having or spread the word to others. Unlike many of the European countries Nordic is not a Federally supported activity in our country (we can dream).
3. Introduce someone to the sport. There are 2 ways to do this. 1.Take someone who has never skied and get them Out There on the snow this season. Ski 1km with them on a flat section of trail and see the joy it brings. Do not take them to some World Cup course and say come on. GO somewhere that seems so easy it hurts and see what introducing someone to our sport in a positive way can do to bring a NEW dimension to the sport for you. 2. If that is to much donate to an organization such as NNF, CXC, etc. These organizations are ones that give funding to athletes as well as run “Learn to ski” programs “Skis to Schools” and such where your monies can get NEW skiers started.
I will leave you with these 3 simple things. We are not asking you to get on a trail board or give 20 hours to trail work or coaching. Start small! If the Sport of Nordic is something that you find important to you, we must learn to work together, agree to disagree and say “What we are doing, is that growing the sport in some fashion?” If we as a collective group of Trail Board Members, Parents, Kids, Shop Owners, Teachers, Manuf. Rep., etc. do this we will see OUR sport grow to NEW Heights!
We challenge you to look Out There and SEE The Forest for the Trees!
The People who think they are Crazy enough to change the World~ Are the ONES who Do!
With over 1 month to go our Birkie Trail Run & Trek Team fills! This being our 4th Year of Sponsorship we are excited to have such a Group of wonderful folks going to be Out There! 75 people will be at the events wearing their Out There Colors this year. Form 2 years ago with 30, last year with 50 and now 75. Nearly 8% of all the participants will be Out There. We have people in the Team Marathons (both 6 & 3 person teams), Individual Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, Nordic Walk (Trek), 6km and Youth events. There are many perks to being Out There for different events, in the future look to join us.
Want to join us for other events?
Get Out There Group on Facebook
With the 2015 IPC World Championships being held in Cable, and Hosted by CXC Skiing we have been asked to help with some projects. The Hytte at Telemark Resort is getting some restoration work. Paint from Benjamin Moore (supplied and partial donated by our other business Burnell’s Décor www.burnellsdecor.com) A New Biathlon wall and more.
Want to Volunteer to help during the event?
Spread the word ~ Instagram, Facebook or where ever YOU maybe Out There!
An AWESOME Event last evening in Eau Claire. If you are in the EC area GET Out There and run or ride the Lowes Creek Trails http://www.co.eau-claire.wi.us/parks_and_forest/Lowes_Creek_County_Park.htm Also check out the Great Trail run group in the Chippewa Valley https://www.facebook.com/ChippewaValleyTrailRunners