Support a Cause
now browsing by tag
Yes we are on a Mission to Grow the SPORT on Nordic. Be it thru Biathlon, Nordic, Nordic Combined, Jumping or other great sports Out There we make it our daily mission to drive forward and grow these great sports.
How do we do this? Well it is a joint effort of sorts. You our Loyal & Growing customer base shops with us in the store or online and generates sales. A good percentage of profits then goes back into supporting the Team Out There athletes around the World! http://outthereshop.com/team/ From US athletes like Ben Saxton & Katrina Howe to others like Leandro Lutz, Vineta Petersone & others we work with.
Do we do this from straight money donations? No, we do this from working with the athletes to create Opportunity. Opportunities come in many forms, monetary, equipment, marketing, fundraisers & more.
Fasterskier article on Team Out There~ http://fasterskier.com/blog/article/casting-traditional-sponsorship-aside-small-wisconsin-business-brings-skiers-together-from-around-the-world/
How does this affect me you ask? Our second goal is creating a Global Family Out There. With athletes and customers from around the world we strive to provide products & expertise to really make you apart of Our Out There Family! As appreciation for this we have discount programs like Team 10k, Youth Exchange programs to get more Youth involved in the sport, Masters Programming thru CXC and much more.
What can I do to help Grow the Out There Family & what it does? Get Out There, participate in programs that we offer, support us thru purchasing product that we sell, Contact us about things you may have to offer (from you or a company that you are affiliated with) to help support & grow the Team & The Sport around the World.
Kris, Per & I (Bjorn) Thank you for your business, support and being apart of the OT Family. From athletes at the World Jr. & World Championships this past season we hope that our Family continues to grow and achieve great things to grow the sport! Stop in, have a visit, support small business & Great Athletes all at the same time.
Instagram~ OutThereNordic https://instagram.com/outtherenordic/
A Total of $935 was raised for NNF!
Now Thru Nov 15th.
So not sure if you have test driven this “Sports Car” of Skate boots yet or Donated to the National Nordic Foundation. Well if not we have a DEMO fleet of the Alpina Ski Boots ESK Skate boot at the shop. You can get out on them before the snow ~ Roller ski Test Drive! (Don’t roller ski come in anyway) Mention the ESK Test Drive and we will donate $10 for each Test Drive to the NNF Drive for 25. If addition to our current NNF Drive. So Get Out There! Help Support Tomorrow’s Athletes TODAY!
Help Support Nordic~
Our Fundraising Site: https://support.nationalnordicfoundation.org/fundraise?fcid=353761
This is where it begins. The passion, the love, the culture of American skiing that’s grown over the last half decade is because of a big push, an effort together. We’re no longer a collection of disparate skiers trying to succeed in the skiing world, rather a unified community exploring what is possible. We believe in American Nordic skiing. You believe in American Nordic skiing. Help to support tomorrow’s American nordic stars today.
- What: American cross country skiers, fans, and enthusiasts supporting our nation’s developing skiers.
- When: Now through November 12th
- Why: We have improved from a nation that seldom put a skier in the top 15 on the World Cup to a Nation with World Champions and a World Cup Champion. Yet as a nation our developing athletes struggle to afford the racing opportunities required to compete among the best.
- How: There are two ways.
- 1) Become a Drive for 25 Ambassador. Click the “Become a Fundraiser” button and get 10 friends to donate $25 by November 12th
- 2) Click the “Donate” button and donate $25 by November 12th.
- Who: You. The NNF is stepping up. The NNF is possible because of you.
As we approach the Fall season and the start for many folks in the Nordic Community their journey to a Winter Event like the American Birkie, Swedish Vassaloppet, World Masters or a local 5km. For some this journey begins in Late April or Early May, but many it begins in October or when the snow starts to fall softly from the heavens. Also during this time many local ski clubs start to put ideas together for the upcoming season, reflect on the past season, look at budgets equipment etc. With those thing happening I have been hearing some crazy thoughts being said to folks you are TRULY Out There to Support Nordic. (Don’t support that group, they have different goals than ours, or I don’t like so and so) As a community we all need to sit back and look at a number of things to ensure that our sport in the USA gains traction, grows programming and develops long-term sustainability.
1. Support ALL Clubs (USSA, CXC, LNR, NESNA, NANA, FAST & Female, etc) and the things they are doing, like them or not are things that are trying to grow the sport in YOUR community.
2. Support trail Systems. Be it your local 3km loop, 20km trail with a lite section, or the Birkie Trail. All places that are being maintained for skiing require funding! So if you are skiing at a number of trail systems, sign up for even the individual membership. Put your name in the ring and go to an event the trail is having or spread the word to others. Unlike many of the European countries Nordic is not a Federally supported activity in our country (we can dream).
3. Introduce someone to the sport. There are 2 ways to do this. 1.Take someone who has never skied and get them Out There on the snow this season. Ski 1km with them on a flat section of trail and see the joy it brings. Do not take them to some World Cup course and say come on. GO somewhere that seems so easy it hurts and see what introducing someone to our sport in a positive way can do to bring a NEW dimension to the sport for you. 2. If that is to much donate to an organization such as NNF, CXC, etc. These organizations are ones that give funding to athletes as well as run “Learn to ski” programs “Skis to Schools” and such where your monies can get NEW skiers started.
I will leave you with these 3 simple things. We are not asking you to get on a trail board or give 20 hours to trail work or coaching. Start small! If the Sport of Nordic is something that you find important to you, we must learn to work together, agree to disagree and say “What we are doing, is that growing the sport in some fashion?” If we as a collective group of Trail Board Members, Parents, Kids, Shop Owners, Teachers, Manuf. Rep., etc. do this we will see OUR sport grow to NEW Heights!
We challenge you to look Out There and SEE The Forest for the Trees!
The People who think they are Crazy enough to change the World~ Are the ONES who Do!
We are very proud to say that we have the “BEST ” Team Out There! Joining us from around the globe these athletes have amazing drive & talent. Visit them and their stories at http://outthereshop.com/team/
Want to help support their “Dreams” in other ways?
Amazingly talented Folks!
The ALS Bike Trek MN is a charity bike ride created by ALS TDI to raise awareness of ALS and funding toward an effective treatment. The fifth annual ALS Bike Trek Minnesota is directed and chaired by Justin Rumley in memory of his father Steve (aka Buckwheat) Rumley who lost his courageous battle to ALS in November 2009. Justin is also the creator of The Buckwheat, a gastric feeding tube designed to allow single hand operation to enable ALS patients, like Justin’s father, to continue employing their limited independence as long as possible. Justin is a passionate and driven supporter who is committed to finding a way to end this disease. To date, this event has raised over $383,000 for ALS research!
For Details & Registration: http://alsmn.als.net/