now browsing by category
Looking to do a Camp this next Summer?
Interested in Scholarship Opportunities from Out There Nordic?
As we are always looking for ways to be Out There Growing Nordic we are implementing a NEW Scholarship Program. For athletes who utilize Out There Nordic race service at the Youth Cup, Junior Cup or Senior Nationals events they will have the opportunity to apply for Scholarships to help off-set the cost of Summer Training Camps beginning in the Summer 2020 Season. The Application Period will open in Early April 2020 and be open for approximately two weeks with the Scholarship winners being announced around May 1st. 2020. This is only available to athletes utilizing OTN for Race service and for camps with USSA Clubs, or Regional & National Governing Body Programs. Stay Tuned!
We are putting together a package for folks for the Fastenal Parallel 45 & The MN XC Ski World Cup event happening next March in Minneapolis at Theo Wirth. This will include Transportation (Charter bus) to and from the Rice Lake Area, Event Tickets for the World Cup Sprint Events and Food. There will be limited space for this to approx 26 people. We hope to have finalized details up within two weeks. Please let us know if this is of interest to you. From the few folks we have spoken with we think the spots will go quickly.
Better get a SPOT soon as we have less than 10 spots left (10.12.19)– MNWC2020
Let’s All Get OUT THERE for the FIS Cross-Country Skiing World Cup!!!
As we begin to look forward to the upcoming race season we are getting out info on our Junior Race Service. For the 2019/20 Season we will again be providing Race Support at the Midwest & Great Lakes Junior National Qualifying Races: Space is LIMITED so get a spot soon
Midwest: Athletes from Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Iowa
Dec 14-15 Duluth MN (SUPER JNQ) Classic Sprint – Freestyle IND
Dec 21-22 Houghton MI (Super JNQ) Freestyle Sprint – Classic Mass Start
Jan 18-19 Mt. Itasca MN (MW JNQ) Classic Mass Start – Freestyle Individual Start
Feb 16-17 Theo Wirth MSP, MN (MW JNQ) Freestyle Sprint (Cross components) – Classic Individual Start
Great Lakes: Athletes from Wisconsin & Michigan –
Dec 14-15 Duluth, MN. (Super JNQ) Classic Sprint – Freestyle IND
Dec 21-22 Houghton MI (Super JNQ) Freestyle Sprint – Classic Mass Start
Jan 25-26 Cable WI (GLD JNQ) Classic Sprint – Freestyle Mass Start
Feb 15-16 Houghton, MI (GLD JNQ) Freestyle IND – Classic Mass Start
For more information please email us.
Our 2019/20 Season is just getting rolling. If you are interested, Join us for a session!
Contact us to Learn about the program & registration options available
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
The NEW Masters Season is here! Join us Out There
V.I.P. Membership Form: https://cxcskiing.wufoo.com/forms/vip-club-membership/
CXC Masters Team: https://cxcskiing.wufoo.com/forms/cxc-masters-team-membership/
As of recent we have had a number of folks as us (a little odd as we start Season 11 with the shop)
“Why are you guys in the Nordic business?” Often followed by “Well what big races have you won” or “Which NCAA school did you ski for?”
Over the years as our Family has been involved in the Nordic scene we have somewhat gone quietly along doing what was set forth over 90 years ago…. Doing our part to GROW the Nordic Community.
We are super stoked about the things our Family (today and of years gone by) have done to GROW the Nordic Community in the Old Country and the New One. With our little shop and the support of AMAZING Clients and the Family of Team Out There Athletes, We hope you are ready for what the next 90 years will bring.
We hope to see YOU Out There soon…
With the recent signing of Out There Team Athlete Tara Geraghty-Moats with Madshus & her three WINS at the Summer Grand Prix we have decided to do a Madshus Promo from Aug 28th – Sept.30th.
When purchasing any Madshus Item we will Donate 10% of the sale to a Non-Profit supporting Women in Nordic Sports. Use PROMO CODE TGM and also receive 10% off the price of your order as well
“I have some pretty exciting news. I just signed with a ski company (Madshus), who is the first ever to give both material and financial backing to a female Nordic Combined skier. Why is this a big deal? To develop a women’s sport like this, it is vital to have support not only from the international and national governing bodies, but also the ski industry. I’m happy to say I have been impressed by the development of women’s nordic combined on all levels and I’m looking forward to another year doing the best sport ever. “
– Tara Geraghty-Moats
NEW 2019/20 Product has been arriving daily! Current models skis are in as well (but not online) email for details
More Items in the store- Give us a Call! 800-252-9583
It is that time of year again and the Team Storefront is open again! Get your orders placed soon!
Well it has been a BIG Year for the athletes of Team Out There
- Tara Geraghty- Moats: Tara Geraghty-Moats has been having a whirlwind of a Summer. Back in June she travelled to the Midwest to train with some of her Jr days coaches Vlad & Petra who run the Biathlon program in Coleraine MN. Then she came to join our Coach Kris for a Junior Camp here in Rice Lake. From there she was back home to VT for a few days and the App Gap Challenge prior to heading to Norway to train with the Women’s Nordic Combined National Team. From there she was off to the Summer Grand Prix where she crushed the first three events. Along with a BIG signing with Madshus things are really taking flight!
- Deedra Irwin: It was a big year of change for Deedra. She joined the National Guard (VT) This summer this new adventure has taken her away from her training time with the US Biathlon Team but is working to setting her up as well as possible for the Road to Beijing. We have been updated on Basic Training and now Job Training. Once Deedra is back on the training train we will get a full update for all of you.
- Rosie Frankowski: One of the NEWEST additions to the Team Out There Family is 2018 Olympian & APU Nordic skier from Minnesota – Rosie! We are super excited to see her energy and the ideas & thoughts she has. Stay tuned for more updates on Rosie!
- Olga Letucheva: Joining the Team this summer the 2017 FIS Rollerski World Champion has been busy. From wrapping up her Masters in Sport to FIS Rollerski races in China, Latvia & Russia (Italy in Sept) she has literally been on a ROLL.
- Ben Lustgarten: This VT native is currently racing for the Craftbury GreenRacing Project. From World Cups and other high level events keep your eye on this guy.
Madshus being the OLDEST ski brand in the market today (1906) may not be the biggest but they are one of the most progressive…..
- Supporting Women in Sport! Team Out There athlete & Women’s Nordic Combined Pioneer Tara Geraghty-Moats has recently signed with Madshus. Growing up she skied on Madshus and always loved the products. Heading into the 2019-20 Season we spoke with Madshus and they came back to Tara with a great opportunity and excited to see where she and the sport of Women’s Nordic Combined is headed, in the USA & the world. They maybe the Oldest Ski Brand but they as their Norwegian Heritage and progressive in equal thinking.
- Ski Technology. When Madshus debuted the Redline ski it was a shift in the feel of a ski on the snow. They have continued to revolutionize this with the launch last season to select retailers (we were one) of the NEW Redline 2.0. Or as we like to say 2.ohhhhhhhhhhhh . They are AMAZING.
This past weekend was the first event of the Women’s Nordic Combined Summer Grand Prix and our own Team Out There athlete Tara Geraghty-Moats was coming into the weekend a heavy favorite after a fantastic 2018/19 Nordic Combined Season. With the PCR Jumps for qualifying happening on Friday Tara lead out the group in first with some great flight. Sunday was the day of competition and due to wind the Jumping was cancelled and the PRC Jumps were used to seed the 5km Freestyle ski portion of the event. Tara took out right from the start and controlled the pace for the entire 5km. Now the Ladies are off to Klingenthal Germany for another day of competition.
Madshus News- For any of you noticing Tara is a recent addition to the Madshus Family. Keep an eye out for future updates!